Wednesday 16 January 2019

VICTORIA'S SECRET STORE DEMOGRAPHICS

After going into two Victoria's Secret stores in Leeds, Manchester and the Trafford Centre, I observed what kind of people who were going into the store and buying their products. I found after about 10 minutes of observing that the majority of the people buying things were between a size 6-12, I only two women that many would consider of a plus-size going into the store. As well as this I noticed it was the older women going into Victoria's Secret and younger women going into the Pink Apparel next door. I would say from my observations all the shoppers were between the ages of 14-30 and were women, although some men went in with their partners. Both stores were of a very similar design and layout, with the Victoria's Secret store having a sexy atmosphere with black elegant walls and dim lighting, whereas Pink Apparel has quite bright lighting and pink walls. The store was originally created to look this way so that men would feel more comfortable and powerful going into the store to buy their partners underwear. Although VS have some affordable items, the more sexy lingerie that isn't in Pink apparel is of a higher price, around £60, which makes men feel more dominant when buying them as they are quite pricey, and being seen going in they look like they have money. The dim lighting sets a seductive atmospheric experience as the only things that are lit is the lingerie so it makes them stand out more. After going into both stores I was asked by at least 3 people if I needed help with my buying and then at the counter they asked if I was offered any help. This made me realise that VS pride themselves with their customer experience, as when I was also int he fitting rooms the lady was eager to help me find the right size. This made me feel as a customer very satisfied with the way I was treated and made me want to go back into the store next time I wanted to buy myself some underwear. 












(photos by me - Leeds store)


No comments:

Post a Comment

LOACTION RESEARCH

Me and my group explored various locations in Sheffield to find the best places to shoot both our film and have a photoshoot, including The ...